No one can eliminate the noise at an industrial workplace. Rather by taking proper safety precautions, the noise can be reduced for sure. Such precautions that prevent the high amount of noise are called ear-protecting safety equipment. This blog by Omaga Safety Supply will explain the importance of putting on ear protectors at a workplace and how to maintain them properly after each use.
Why is it important to wear ear-protecting safety equipment at the workplace?
• A workplace is always too noisy-
At a workplace, workers deal with so many tools and machines. If all workers at a time, start to work with machines, a workplace automatically becomes too noisy, and an uncomfortable environment develops all over there.
• Possibilities of ear damage-
Too much sound at a workplace can cause ear damage to the workers. Taking proper precautions is a must whenever a worker engages himself with the works at a workplace.
• There is no treatment for permanent ear damage-
There comes so many situations when a problem does not have a solution. Severe ear damages often do not have medical treatment. Hence, it is always good to pay more attention to prevention than cure. Once, your ears get damaged, there is no going back.
How to take care of the ear-protecting equipment to extend longevity?
As ear-protecting equipment is absolutely inevitable for the workers at a workplace, these should be properly taken care of.
• Each and every instruction provided by the manufacturer should be followed thoroughly.
• Dismantle earmuffs to clean properly.
• Check the instruction whether the earplugs can be washed or not.
• Clean the earmuffs with gentle soap and warm water. Note that, the sound-attenuating part should not get drenched.
• Take off the leftover moisture from the cushions and then keep that in a safe and clean place.
• You can use soft brushes to clean the oil and dirt that extracts from the skin. If not cleaned properly, the oil and dirt can even harden the cushions of the ear protectors.
• Replace the ear-protecting equipment if gets damaged.
There are so many safety equipment suppliers in the Philippines. But you need to choose only the best one for purchasing safety equipment for the workers. Visit Omaga Safety Supply for any type of Personal Protective Equipment. We would love to serve you.